Wisdom from Pastor Charlie McMahon At Southbrook Church
After a game, tell your kid:
You are capable. You don’t need me to breakdown your performance.
Did you play hard?
Did you have fun?
I love you.
Teach strength and self-confidence with grit and grace.
Prepare our students to be less cruel and full of heart. The best way to deal with life is to communicate clearly and effectively. Mix lessons and memories with other people.
1. Help your child push through quitting points: we are with you. Compliment for grit and perseverance.
2. Do as little for them as soon as possible.
3. When they fail or fall into trouble, be there without accepting their consequences for them.
4. Celebrate imperfection with grit and grace.
5. Model a selfless abundance mentality behavior. It is okay we don’t get what we want when we want it. We celebrate who we are in Christ. We have an abundance of what we have. We don’t have to get our way all the time.