Therapy of exposure.
List the things you are afraid of 1-10z 1=the most important fear and 10 the least significant fear.
- Being alone
- Financial Loss
Take the least of the list.
Experience that item (closest proximity you can manage). Keep increasing by getting closer and closer and closer until you conquer it.
Example: 6. Aging
- Visiting my aging grandparents.
- Talk to my grandparents about their ideas on aging.
- Talking to others (parents, Uncles/Aunts).
- Talk to a spouse about aging.
- Talk to kids about aging.
- Get to the point that you can talk about aging without the overwhelming sensation of fear inhibiting conversation about the topic.
Now face the next topic on the list and repeat the above procedure. You will find out that you can make a difference in how tragic, painful, or scary events affect you.
YOU can withstand the threat of death, rejection, and failure.
Resources above from Pastoral Counseling at Southbrook Church. For further help schedule a free online counseling session through email@example.com or visit
Suicide Hotline: 1-800-273-8255
Crisis text: 741741